Saturday, April 2, 2011

Saturday Morning and no rest for the wicked

Bon Jour Mon Cheri! Gentle reader, it is 9:30am on Saturday and I have been here since six am. I met here my shop manager, a body man and two technicians hoping to get caught up. It was dark when I pulled in an they were getting out of their cars and one of my guys says, "Don't shoot boss, it is us!" Oh haha. They think it is funny to have a boss lady with a gun. I spent the first two hours working in the shop with the guys then worked on paperwork. Now I am spending time with you.

We are still waiting on warm weather. Everyone is so tired of being cold. Abby has worked so hard this week. We call her Saint Abby now. The endless patience is amazing.

Let me tell you about Jeffry. Jeffry is about 5'4" and weighs about 450#. He is flaming and is proud of it. We painted and jazzed up his Mustang. Jeffry came in one day with a lime green wig on and bent over with his shirt open and pushed his chest together and announced he was a WOMAN. He likes to hang out and I have had to tell him several times, HEY, Church Nice here. He shares his stories with Abby and hits on Hugh. One day, after Jeffry left, Hugh was sitting on the stool staring and said to no one in particular, I am going home and take a bath.....an alcohol bath. Jeffry has made it clear to Abby, he wants her husband. Thank God his car is done. He still calls and I am sure will find reasons to stop by. As long as there are no customers or children in the shop, he keeps us laughing, except Hugh, he did not find him so funny.

We continue to have delightful customers and strange to scary ones. A woman from India, who wanted her daughter's car perfect...(never perfect again after an accident fyi) asked questions for two hours, but would not let Abby answer she would say, now don't interrupt. So, Abby politely listened to questions for two straight hours. She then wanted to take the car without paying and started to talk about how our country trusted her country. Abby said no. period. Brandy is working on a pick up truck we painted bright metalic orange.

I have a young man who works for me who cannot get his driver's lic back until he paid off a debt. I called the people and they said he owed $2800. on the debt that was 1500 and he had paid $500. They said the interest was 57 cents a day!!! I thought that was a sin and illegal. I offered them $1500. to settle and to forget the rest and they took it. They have to fax the release and we need to go to the dmv and get him set up again. I used tough love and told him he does not drive until he pays me back and saves enough to get a car AND insurance. He is not to drive w/o ins again. I told him next time he would be in jail and no one could help him then. He is such a good kid. Grew up in the foster care system, but somehow developed values and a great work ethic. Just got in a mess, told him it would take a while to dig out but it could be done.

So, I am ready to go back to bed for a while today. We did a candy car this week and he is coming to pay for it and take it. My guys are still working, so I am just waiting. With this, my precious, I will wish you a wonderful weekend. Shangri la (my alter ego)

No comments:

Post a Comment