Thursday, April 28, 2011

Products for the house stay in the house!

Bon Jour Mon Cheri!

Our thoughts become our words. Therefore, it is vitally important that we choose life-generating thoughts. When we do, right words will follow.

Joyce Meyer

Good Evening Beloved, Hectic and wild last couple of days. Monday typical, kinda slow, the day after Easter. Rain, of course. Tuesday am, Two police officers show up and ask me to step outside. It appeared someone had called them and told them I was going to kill myself with pills!! Now, that was a first. Was my ex-husband named Dan? No, I do not know a Dan. Dan who??? I WHAT! I assured them I was not that mad at the world. I wanted to ask them why they did not care when the creep threatened me in front of them, but seem to care now???? My fear was to be carried off and locked up in a loonie bin. When they walked in we girls were all laughing. A friend of facebook said I sure stirred someone's soup. I guess so.

That afternoon, I got a letter in the mail from the court house saying I was being sued by a gent who owned a 73 Vega! We painted it and it was a race car with a fiberglass front end. It was a real mess and the guy wanted it cheap, cheap, cheap. Did not want to do any bodywork, had done his own bodywork, crappy job. We told him several times, it will not look good as the surface sucks. His words, I just want it orange. The suit states, he does not feel it was a good job. I must admit it, I was chapped! Screaming chapped.

Here is another one for the books....A guy brought his son's car in to be painted and he had done the body work himself. Junk yard fender, etc. He also, bless his heart, attached the rocker panel with bathroom calk. Yes, you read it right. Brady, one of my guys came up front as he was precleaning it and it just kept coming off. I told him to take the car outside and leave it there, throw away all the rags and wash his hands really good. You see, beloved, Sylicone will cause auto paint to bubble. Sylicone anywhere in the air will cause auto paint to bubble. We could not get it off enough to assure a good paint job and it would effect the next ten cars if we had let it in our booth.
Abby called the man and told him he had to come get the car and clean the stuff off. He said he bought the alk at Home Depot and it said it was paintable. Abby, told him....SIR, House products stay in the house and auto products are for the car. He asked if we would clean it for 20 dollars, noooo.....maybe 200 dollars. They came and got it. I felt mean, but had to protect the next 20 customers. Bathroom calk. People!!!

I spent one day this week running the shop. I got in at 6 and had two cars done by the time the crew arrived. I made them come in the booth and I showed them what they had done wrong. There were a few other things I caught during the day in the back and I made them do it right and told them to do it this way everytime. I was so dirty and tired, but I think it is a good thing to do on a regular basis. I caught several things that needed to be changed and changed them. The guys worked hard. I told them that too. One of my boys had a car accident last night and got a concussion. He is the same one who the hood slammed on his hand a while back. He has had a rough month. Car was totaled.

Tomorrow, we shut down and are going to clean the booths. Massive job, power washing both of them, cleaning everything and then using pumps to get the water out. Dirty work, but way over due.

With that lovely thought, I will say Bon Nuit. All my love, Lynn, no such luck I won't be killing myself, Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment