Thursday, April 21, 2011

Scar-face, again

Mon Cheri,

my favorite quote, again, (10/5/2009)

This befell and be-happened and became and was, O my best beloved when the tame animals were wild.

Rudyard Kipling

It is 6:00pm and I sit here with you. Everyone is gone, except Hugh who is painting a car. We have an incentive out there and they are running a little short. So, the dedicated are still out there working. Hugh. I will bring it up tomorrow morning who they owe their bonus money to.

We fixed a car for a gentleman and his wife a year ago. He has had something break recently and feels it is our obligation to repair it for free. He has been told no by Maaco Corporate as well as the BBB. He sent me an email today and told me that he feels if a company does a service, they are responsible for life. His final words..."You will pay". Now, how would you take that beloved??? Do I need to dodge rocks flying through windows or does he plan to sue me? Hopefully, it is a pathetic attempt to intimidate me. I did not answer it as it was attached to a letter from the BBB stating to him that he did not have a claim and as far as they were concerned, I had fulfilled my obligations to him fully. End of Story. I love my job. Where is the person who was supposed to warn me about this? Aren't you supposed to be told what you are getting into before you leap? I thought that was how it worked.

Scar-face.....We painted motorcycle parts a beautiful pearl white recently. The gent then took the gas tank to an artist and had a beautiful sepia "Scar-face" airbrushed on it. Ooooo and Ahhhhhh it was. For safe keeping it was in my office, (if I told you this before, sorry, it is the vodka) and yours truly knocked it off a table and Scar-face had a few more scars. Yes, I cried. I picked it up from the artist today and it is back in my office, again, on the same table, again. We need to clear coat it and hopefully put it back in the hands of the owner with no further ado. The artist was really rude and I guess it is an artist thing. Cannot say I have known many.

I spent yesterday am at the jail getting one of my boys out. It is hard and emotional to do that, not to mention expensive. We go to court on May 2nd and hopefully it will be over. Someone has to care...remember when I talked about the throw away animals and kids. Someone has to care. They also did not tell me that when I started my own business. You will care too much. It will take a lot out of you.

I think they are about done in the back. Hugh and Mitch, the shop manager. I am ready for a glass of wine and some time to "do me". ("do me" means to take care of myself, do something nice for myself)

All my love Mon Cheri and if I turn up missing, the paperwork is in my bottom desk drawer on the "you will pay" guy. hugs and kisses me

No comments:

Post a Comment