Friday, December 3, 2010

Friday - 1/2 hour to go

Mon Cheri. It is 5:00 on Friday and almost time to go. What a wonderful feeling. I have recovered from my malaise. Punks will be punks. My car is in the process of being repaired. Life goes on. It has been on the slow side. It is the Season to think about Christmas, not cars. In January, we will be back to busy. I have got the rhythm down now. My big push will be to make money next year. It will be out third year. When I talk to other business owners, they say it was several years till they made money. As long as we break even, I can live with that.

It has been a good week. We have had some colorful characters in. Those who just need someone to talk to, the estimate goes on and on. So many people, many seniors, so need someone to talk to. We listen and have many friends. There should be volunteers of people just listen and talk. It seems that need is greater than food in so many people. (including me sometimes)

We had 4 people this week in or on the phone complaining about the previous owner. It has been over two years and customers still are angry at him. Once in a while they take it out on me, I quickly remind them, I did not do that, but they just need someone to listen to how bad they were treated. I do. Some times, they are just trying to "theft by deception". Does not work on us anymore. But, God Bless their little hearts for trying. Keeps me on my toes. A lady came in today. We painted her car 4 months ago. Her door lock is not working right now. "It worked before you painted my car!" Can you imagine? Do other companies put up with that? Why do they do it to me, just so I can tell them we did not do it and listen to them scream. That is another need people seem to have, to scream and cuss at someone. I am sure there will be no volunteers to line up for that duty.

Merci mon ami for listening to me and my wacky stories. This year I have gone through a divorce, been attacked by a 22 year old, fired several men, been arrested, saved a young black family from jail from fines, prayed a lot. and have lived alone for two years, have loved having cats, done everything I can to grow a business. I am looking forward to next year as being MY YEAR! To grow and blossom in all ways.

Monday I have a new company rep arriving at 8 am. He will be here all day. Lets go man! whip us all in shape. I am ready. Bring it on. We have the cleanest shop in town. We decorated the office today for the Holidays. Sweet. We pray as a group and I explained to the whole group why Our Lord and Savior died on the cross for us and I watched one young man's eyes grow wide. I could see he got it for the first time. That should be a wonderful thing to have shared that understanding. I want to grab him and share more and more. But, I do what I can, I am a body shop owner and manager and have to stay one. But to see his eyes light up was God's gift to me. Love you, mon Cheri. me

No comments:

Post a Comment