Sunday, December 12, 2010

keep your hands off my bodywork!

Bonjour Mon Cheri! Happy Sunday Morning, here is a funny one for you. A friend of mine, a vendor, Rox called and her passenger door window wouldn't go up. Lynn can you help it is cold and raining....Sure, Rox, bring it in. My body guy, The Dr. took her panel off and found a screw had fell out and was in the bottom of her door. You know a door is an outer skin and inner skin and welded all around and inside is mechanics for locks, windows, etc.

Anyway, my helpful self decided to try to stick my hand into the door and find the screw. Did not, but heard something clink when I was doing it. Looked at my hand and did not see anything missing. Doctor fixed the car and Rox was thrilled. Later that night, at home I am taking off jewelery and realize a pearl bracelet IS missing.

I need to call Rox and ask her to bring her car back and Doctor said he would take her door panel off again and we can get my bracelet back.

No wonder they want me to stay in my office.

It is near Christmas and I am my usual humbug self. Business is slow, but better than last year as we have more trade business. I worked on Saturday, (we are closed) my body man, Brandy was there and then the Doctor came in and we sat around and Bull shitted for a while and it was great. Did not talk biz, just shit. For some reason it was uplifting for me just to talk to a friend.

I gave everyone a bonus in a Christmas card on Friday. I sat and wrote the cards in the am. I must have gotten distracted because the Doctor came up to me and whispered that one of the guys did not get anything in his card. The Doctor has been with me since day one and knows me and thought it was a mistake and that I should know. Meaning, he knows I am a cluster at times. OMG, I felt terrible. I ran and got the young man, gave him his money and told him I was so sorry and it was a mistake on my part. How bad he must have felt when they all opened their cards. One of these days, I will get something right. Thank God for Abby and Hugh.....and the Dr.

Brandy and I talked about doing an assembly line, with employees, on our very long picnic table, make sandwiches, a piece of fruit and a drink and going downtown and handing out to homeless. I will discuss it at Monday staff meeting. I will call police to find out if there are homeless in my own town. I am going to get as involved in the community as I can in hopes they stop robbing me.

I have an intern. He is 15ish, going to trade school and comes in two afternoons a week. He sweeps and cleans, poor child, as they just won't let him touch cars anymore. He is as sweet as a button and everyone loves him. I saw him in the back so I got on the intercom and said, "Markie to the front! Markie to the front now" I heard the guys razzing him as he walked up, "Uh Oh, whad you do" He got up front and said Yes, Mrs. Moore. I said HI, I just wanted a hug. He was shaking, and sweating and had to actually sit down. I felt bad, I did not mean to scare him that bad! We all ended up laughing and Markie laughed the hardest. Needed a little levity that day.

Next post, more on the hit and run punk..... TTFN Mon Ami, Lynn Moore

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog. I'll check it from time to time. Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete