Friday, November 5, 2010

What is an Anniversary really?

We just finished celebrating our second anniversary in business. We had a big Anniversary Sale. Did I say Celebrate??? I guess one would celebrate survival. We did survive the first two years. We have learned and gotten tougher and lost a lot of weight. Our anniversary sale was half price so we got a few winners. Only had to call the cops once. A young man with the worst, loudest mouth on the planet wanted nothing to do but fight. I asked him to lower his voice several times and then told him to shut up. He went off telling me I was treating him like a dog. (DUH) I called the police and they gave him the impression that if anything happened, they would go get him. I then called 911 to the front and within 2 seconds everyone who worked for me was standing behind me. Guess what. Young man with dirty mouth did not say another word. I do not know what he hoped to gain by being such a creep. No one thought he was a tough guy, just a jerk.

We have had some changes in the shop. My son, Hugh, is painting full time. He is an excellent painter. His wife, Abby, commented to me that when he is in full Hazmat paint suit with his white stocking hat on he looks like a condom. We howled for several minutes and did not tell Hugh why.

Anthony is now the shop manager. He was the assistant manager for almost a year. He is extreemly intellegent and has the best work ethic I have ever seen. The first week with all the changes was a little confusing for everyone, but I am sure they will make a great team.

I leave tomorrow for a week long MAACO convention. It will do me good, but I worry about my shop. Dear Lord, watch over the people and the business for me.

We had three catalitic converters stolen off the lot this week. When will this crime spree end. I have ordered more lighting for the outside of the building. Hope it helps. Got to start packing. God Bless one and all, Lynn Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment