Thursday, November 18, 2010

It finally happened

Mon Cheri, Hello Dear Diary, Again with the Drama!!! First, it finally happened.

We repaired a dent and painted the side of a silverado for a young man. He had a serious anger problem. I spent an hour listing to his ranting of obscenities before he even picked up his truck. When he showed up to pick it up, he was a monster of anger. He found a microscopic pin hole and I could not stand to listen to him, so I said we would do it over. That meant I had to buy another decal from the dealer. We did it over and called him. I told him he should be ashamed of himself for the language and the way he talked to me. probably not a good thing to have done.

I had a knot in my stomach all day as I knew it was going to be ugly. He came in around 4:00 and proceeded to start to yell and cuss. Nothing in particular, just to hear his voice. He wanted me to look at the truck with him and I said no, I had looked at it earlier and it was fine. That angered him. I asked him several times to lower his voice and then told him to, "SHUT UP". He went off and I dialed 911. Two officers were here pretty quickly. I also hit the page button and said 911 front, and my entire crew was standing behind me in a few seconds. He shut up then.

He wanted to pay with a check and I did not want to take it. More yelling and screaming from the child. My son, Hugh walked out with him and he started screaming about some micro bubble in the decal. Hugh just looked at him and said man you are nuts. I believe the officers told him to pay for his vehicle and leave. I took his check for $380.00, nothing considering it cost me 800. to do it twice.

He looked at me and pointed and said, I will hurt you in every way I can. The police did nothing and he left.

At 5:30 I left in my GTO and half way home, an older White Civic was in front of me at a light and as soon as the light changed he hit the gas in reverse and smashed the front of my car. He took off like a bat and I chose not to chase him. There was no plate on the car. My seat belt locked, which kept my face off the steering wheel, but I bruised my arm. It all happened so fast, I started to get out of my car and traffic was all around me. I just drove home. The damage to my car is over 2 grand and that is MY cost. Worse than that, where I am mentally. A customer followed me and attacked me. I did not call the police as I was robbed 3 times the week before and I keep feeling they just have given up on crime and do not care. I hate West Chester police as well and that was where I was.

This has effected me in a strange way. I now have a funny kind of fear. That night in bed, I felt more alone than I ever have. I so did not want to be alone. I felt so empty of all feeling. I would have paid for a hug.

What kind of "MAN" attacks a woman his mother's age?!? His vehicle was fine, actually great, he was mad just to be mad.

I then went on a week long MAACO convention. It was good to get away and I learned so very much, felt energized and focused again. Hugh and I had a long talk and I believe we have a great future ahead of us.

While I was gone, there was shop drama. There is still tension and I need to address a man's ego. Again, I do not look forward to this. The ego issues in the body shop remind me of the corporate wing. Most women just do not get it. Just get the car done. Men wear their bruised egos on their sleeves and sure do act out. Hey, we have cars to fix, we have jobs, that is better than most.

Thank you for listening my good friend. We will talk soon. God Bless, Lynn



1 comment:

  1. OMG! That is horrible. I whould be scared too. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete