Friday, August 14, 2009

Woe to the Half Price Sale

Dear Diary: I arrived at 5:00 am and opened the shop. I opened up the shop garage doors and turned on all the fans to cool it off before the crew arrived to work. Of course, there is a daily surprise, none of my office light are working. I am working by the light of my computer. Checked all circuit breakers, nothing. Oh well, electricians got to live too, I guess.

With my time this morning, I want to share my experience with Unice. Let me back up a little.

I have put on a "Half Price ALL Paint Services" sale twice this year. Generated a lot of business and it was wonderful for all the people who were able to get their cars fixed and painted whom would other wise not be able to afford it. Yet........nothing like a half price sale, will bring the truly hinky out from where ever they hide. One such Hink was a gal named Unice. She came in as sweet as can be and agreed to some body work and a half price paint job. That was accomplished.

When Miss Hink picked up her car she proceeded to walk the entire car, face to car, for 25 minutes. My daughter in law accompanied her. Sadly for Unice, great for me, she could not find ANYTHING wrong and proclaimed it a wonderful paint service. She paid by check, something I do not allow, but Abby will occasionally do if one has no other means to pay. Miss Unice left and phoned me 15 minutes later. She said when she was driving home she noticed one of her floor mats was dirty and torn. I told her I highly doubted that, but to bring it back.

I asked my detailer if he knew anything, he is great at his job and quality oriented to a fault. He said he cleaned all of her mats, they were black rubber, heavy and none were damaged. I just could hardly wait till she got back.........She pulled in and I walked to her car. All her mats were in her car, fine and she went to her trunk and got one out filthy and torn. I looked at her and said, in shock, "You gotta be kidding me! you obviously went home and got this and thought you could get me to pay you money!" As a true Hinky person does, she went off into a tirade of obscenities and screaming. She liked to get nose to nose to me as if to intimidate me. I regret, but what went through my head was to go to my purse and give the psycho $20, which was what she wanted, to get rid of her. Now it gets interesting. She stood in my lobby and announced she was going to put a stop payment on her check and ran out the front door. I thought "the hell you say". I ran through the shop and out into the parking lot and stood behind her car she was starting.

She had the courtesy to roll down her window so I could hear all her descriptive verbiage directed to me, but I told her she was not leaving until the police arrived. By this time, my entire crew was in the lot as well as, the crew from next door. My Son was standing beside me on the phone with 911 and had one hand on my arm ready to pull me out of the way if needed. He was dealing with two women who would not back down! Miss @##$%$%, put her car in reverse and hit me with it to try to get me to move. At that time, everyone in both lots started to scream at her. I still would not budge. (My son was almost in tears) She got out and got nose to nose, again to intimidate me. (she was 4 inches shorter than me, so it did not work well) I told her I did not care if she fully intended to not pay for her service or not, but she threatened not to and that was good enough for me.

At this point, my son gently asked me to move, he said the lady at 911 asked me to move so I did not get hurt. I did and moved and she pulled out. The police were on their way and I believe she was scared that she had hit me with her car because she parked next door. When the police arrived, I told him everything that happened, but I told him she did not know I was behind her car when she hit me. I did not want drama, just paid! She started to scream at the officer that she wanted that statement on tape! WHAT A SICK Bit.... God Bless him, the officer turned to her and said if she stopped payment on her check, he would issue a warrant for her arrest and cuff her and bring her in. No if, ands or buts about it! She quietly left. I proceed to lock my self in my office, it was 5:00, and open the bottle I keep hidden in the file cabinet. It was hours before I stopped shaking, partly out of adrenalin and partly out of anger at my self for giving her money for that stupid mat.

There were several other vulgar people who came in for "half price" and wanted to cuss their way into a freebee. I may run one during the Holidays to generate some business during the slow time, but will come to work every day in battle armor. What a business and what in the world is wrong with some people?

No comments:

Post a Comment