Tuesday, June 28, 2011

ALL IN A DAY'S FUN, FUN AND MORE FUN

Bon Jour Mon Ami! Another week....and yes, I think we are still sane. Last week a crazy gal who wanted her car every day as she was in a rental, took 4 days to show up when it was finally done. She must have planned on turning in the rental on empty, because she called us from 5 blocks away, empty. I was mad, but she had a 3 grand check I needed. I went and bought gas, my money, went to where her car was and she was cracked up on something, with two guys. I put a gallon of gas in her car and she drove to my shop. I told her that I bought that gas with my own money and she owed me 3 dollars. Of course! she did not have a penny on her. We jumped her car for her to leave, and they immediately went to the gas station at the corner and turned off her car. She called again and I said NO! Abby insisted on going down to the gas station, even though I told her not to. She refused to bring a guy with her. When she was jumping their car, one of the guys hit on her. She got a little I told you so, from her mother in law. Never saw that three bucks!!!! As if I expected to.

We have had some pretty nice customers lately. It is a pleasure to work with nice people. But, then right in the middle of this kumbiya moment, comes Mr. and Mrs. Hasslers. They had a pick up from the grave in to be painted. It turned out beautiful. They were elderly and I gave them the whole bit about don't wash it for 4 weeks, etc. He called to tell me he cleaned it up as soon as he got home and found problems. His biggest problem is that he and his wife are complete idiots! They came in today and he in such a self righteous huff, pointed out to me finger prints on the interior of his truck. I reached my hand in and brushed them off. I said ok, what else. He said He was surprised the prints came off, I said, why, it was just dust. He pointed out two microscopic spots and I told him I would have my detailer rub a little wax on it. SHE, the other nasty one, said she thought they forgot to put clear coat on it. I told her she did not have clear coat on her vehicle because she purchased a single stage service. She began the, "then what did I pay all that money for.....?" I just stopped her and reminded her that we went over her estimate several times and she knows what she paid for. I asked Brad to polish the couple of spots and then they left. I believe they were disappointed that they could not get a good old fight going, or money back. You got to be bored to have nothing better to do than to look for reasons to pick a fight.

I have got to admit, it is fun to see how bad some of the cars look before they come in and how great they look done. Well, most of them. We did a S-10 today that a young man had painted with a roller, used calk to reattach his CHEVROLET emblem. It did not look much better, just shiny. I guess that is how a kid learns. There are just some things you should not do yourself.

I am enjoying running the back. Unfortunately, my potty mouth is getting worse....I ruined a nice jacket with "bondo". But, there is less stress in the back and the sound of DAs and Grinders are better than phones.

I get to High Five, dance to the oldies and run from one end of the shop to the other. Then I have to carry out big bags of trash, whipe dust off stuff, vacume cars, sand, wipe, blow, tack...move cars from one place to another and check cars, order supplies and keep everything moving. It is all about getting more done, faster and right the first time. I guess that is all business these days. "CHECK PLEASE"

God Bless all. And to all, a Good Night. moi

No comments:

Post a Comment