Wednesday, July 6, 2011

EXCUSE ME WHILE I KISS THE SKY

Best Beloved, Mon Ami,

Good evening, it is after midnight here and I am in the agonizing reality of no matter how tight I squeeze my eyelids, I cannot sleep. The only upside to this, that I can even think of, is when I do begin to suffer the effects of sleep deprevation, it may be more fun than work.

In the words of a friend, it has been a hoot. (My best and favorite) consultant, would call me a "California hillbilly" for saying such a thing. That, when you think about it, Mr. Spumoni, is an oxymoron.

Anyway, it has been quite a hoot. We are repairing a car, for the second time in two weeks for a very nice gal, Ms. Wacking. Now this dear lady, we assumed had a mental defect which rendered her extreemly strange. Truly, we thought she was mentally challenged. She could barly speak without repeating words over and over. She needed to have "repair a dent" explained for over an hour. R..e..p..a..i..r......a.....d..e..n..t.

Again, we thank Our loving Lord for our blessings. You can imagine my shock when I found out she was employed, and you can imagine my "unshock" when added to that bit of information was the fact that she was employed by the IRS. I quietly walked into my office and bowed my head and prayed that I was never audited.

The gal who ran her rental out of gas, (who can forget that piece of work) called me, three times after I hung up on her, screaming at me that I owed her a new battery. (My inability to sleep started last night and I completely agree that it is unforgiveable to hang up on a customer)When I could get a word in, I reminded her that her vehicle wazzzzz 6 years old and she probably needed a new battery, and should buy one. She yelled at my that her 2005 was NOT 6 years old! Oh, my bad.

In a tough situation, last week I had to let one of the body men go. It was not fun or funny, and I have no plans of making light of it. The aftermath is probably the reason I am writing and not sleeping. We have so many cars and not the man power to move them out fast and it is a nightmare I would not wish on even my competition.

A very nice man, who did not want to pay $150. to have a rust hole repaired, fixed it himself with wall plaster. His new paint fell of the plaster within 10 minutes. He has now spent over $450. putting flames on his car and having them removed and replaced as he keeps changing his mind on the color. Can you explain that to me???

My few friends wonder why I cannot carry on a conversation and have given up on me at the moment. Probably for the best. I am finding everyone annoying and am acting out. A man who had a vehicle from the 70's came in to complain to me that there was one "fisheye" on the hood. WELL, he did his own body work and "knew" it was our fault. Again, I am without patience. I looked at him and asked did he know how old his car was, it was his bodywork and would he like the corporate number so he could call and complain about me to them as I would not do anything for him. Of course you do, here is the number.

fisheye: fish, the root work for water guy, eye, the greek word meaning, what are you looking at? (noun) A fish eye is a pin prick size, upside down bubble in auto paint due to some jerk's bad bodywork, or a chemical reaction to some jerk's bad body work.
Webster's Dictionary of Auto Body Terms

"As I sit here racking my brain apart,
searching the chambers of my heart,
I find I cannot compose
a poem, or or even a little prose."

Lynn Moore, high school assignment

Gentle reader, I do see how silly I am sounding and pray for your compassion. I hope to see you in my dreams and am signing off. TTFN, L Moore

2 comments:

  1. Ms BodyShopLady, Chicka, my partner in crime! You are just so hilariously funny. However, what is UNfunny is that what you write is all too true, and yes Virginia, humanity IS that stupid!

    Your are the best!
    ROXIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Roxie! sad and true, one must live to strive to set the example of responsibility. If we just give one person pause, we have made an impact. Otherwise, we must just laugh and not let the influence be on us. love you, L

    ReplyDelete