Sunday, June 5, 2011

What planet do these people live on???

Beloved,

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn, by God, you learn.

C S Lewis

What I have learned in the last three years scares me. I have learned that the world is not what I thought it was. Nothing is as it was taught to me.

The last few weeks: Body men revolt. Family betrayal. An unknown harasser is threating me. Endless fatugue and no one to share with. No one wants to hear about the bottom rung of humanity or how it is affecting my life.

I answered the phone and a man, here from another country, proceed to demand a price on repairing the damage to his car. Sir, I am sorry I cannot do that without seeing your car. Can you bring it in for a free written estimate? Yelling began. What kind of customer service person are you. I will tell you the exact damage and you can give me a price. No sir, I am sorry I cannot...please stop yelling at me. YOU SHOULD BE FIRED WHAT KIND OF CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON ARE YOU. IT IS A WONDER YOU HAVE ANY CUSTOMERS. Actually sir, many people do bring in their cars and we are able to give them an exact price in writing...I am thinking, please ask to speak to the owner....If I went to his country, I would not call people and yell at them. He then called me some names and hung up.

Two years ago a gal brought her car in to be repaired. She needed a new door. She made a deposit and we bought the door used. (those cannot be returned) She then came in and said she did not have the rest of the money and demanded her deposit back. I said no, fight was on. They left. To be safe, we kept the door for two years in a corner of our shop. Guess what. In she came this week announcing she had the money and wanted her car fixed. (most body shops would have sold the door by now) She got a rental for a few days and we fixed her car. She had a balance due and when her car was ready, Abby called her and she screamed she had no money. NO MONEY, NO CAR. She said she would figure something out. (sweet elderly lady, not all there, wild hair) She came in two hours later, with cash and loved her car......by the way here is a wallet I found in the rental, Bye! Rental company knew nothing about the wallet and did not want it. (everything in wallet, but money) I had the police pick it up Saturday Morning. I do not want to know either.

At the end of my rope with this business, I am bringing in a consultant next week to "fix the shop" He wants me to run it, lower overhead, but he has to teach me how. If I can do this and we make money, life will be good. I think problems are bigger than that and it will take more than a week. I will and am doing my best. everyone is hating me because I am making them work hard and be responsible for their work. I guess that is what it is about. I had to let my shop manager go as he was a high ticket guy and nothing got done. He visited all day. Now the challenge begins. I am your humble friend and hope you, mon Cheri, pray with me for the Holy Spirit to strengthen and guide me. Je Tem, All my love, Lynn Moore

1 comment:

  1. you are in my prayers...I hope everything comes together for you!

    ReplyDelete