Saturday, January 8, 2011

Looking at it from the inside out

Dearest Mon Cheri and Gentle Reader, glorious and blessed Saturday morning. I speak to you from my bed and am happy to still be occupying it.

Yestday, I woke at 3:00am and could not sleep thinking about the shop and what is going on in the back. Business owners, you know exactly what I am talking about. I have never done this before, I got up, washed my face, etc., no shower put on crummy clothes and opened the shop at 6:00AM. I worked on cars (with tools) all day. I came home bone weary, filthy and with a better idea of my business. The guys always work harder with me in the back, that goes without saying. It was snowing, so I knew it would be slow up front. I learned how hard the work is physically, which I learn every time I am out there. I also saw where the holes are and education and training I have to give to who. I decided my two front people should each take a day and work in the shop. They thought it would be a good idea. I also think I will have the shop manager spend a day as an estimator and deal with the customers and phones. The more honest communication I can promote, the better I believe we will run.

Also, I am so sad to report, Mon Cheri, there is great strife between Hugh, my son and I. Family business owners, I know you know what I mean! It is more destructive than the building burning down. It causes me so much pain, I cry at my desk. I would rather have 100 customers cuss me out at once than have one moment of disagreement with my son. This business is for him and nothing sends me to emotional hell faster than just one look of anger from him let alone a shouting match. 2011 will be a make it or break it year. That is all I will ever say about the family drama. It is private and out of respect for Hugh, I will keep it that way.

May 2011 be a blessed year for all, may pain and suffering world wide lessen, may God's will bring all of the human race closer to Him and to each other. Happy New Year!!!

I cannot wait to see what kind of surprises the Body Shop will bring to us this next year. Love, Lynn Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment