Thursday, January 20, 2011

Life Goes On - We Do Our Best

Good Evening Mon Cheri, Beloved, Thursday evening and the weather is as turbulent as the economy. I drove an employee home as he had no way. The freeway was terrifying. We closed at 4:00 because the weather was so bad. On the way home, I remembered a line from the movie, Dr. Zhivago. When Laura and Dr. Zhivago went to the country house and it was all frozen and wolves were howling outside, Laura turned to the good Dr. and said, "It is a terrible time to be alive". Quote:

A house divided against itself cannot stand.

Jesus Christ (0-33 AD)

It is just you and me Mon Cheri. The family has left the building. My son Hugh has moved on and I am sure Abby will be soon gone as well. Now, it is just a Body shop owned by a lady, not a family. My heart is broken and I won't go into anymore of the family drama.

We had a gentleman come in to get an estimate on painting his old truck. Les was doing his estimate when I walked by and he was complaining that 5 hundred something was outrageous to paint a truck. I stopped and nicely said, "Sir, it is not 1950 anymore and this is not Earl Schibe. that is a great price to paint a pickup. He left his truck and it turned out great and he was a happy guy. I have got to get my people selling. We need business. Les commented to Abby later that I was "fiesty" today. GET THE CAR.

Tomorrow is a new day and the beginning of a weekend, a needed weekend. We will see how we do next week. Lord, please do not let me be gullible anymore. I need my tallons out!

Bon Nuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment