Thursday, July 22, 2010

New Employees

Mon Cheri, Change is always difficult.....for all concerned. We had two new people start on Monday. Neither seems to get it. Am I being to picky? Can I expect an employee to move quicker than a snail? Not, that is asking way too much. Is it too much to expect that they NOT clock in in the morning and then sit at the picnic table and eat breakfast? Is it too much to hope they don't sit and yawn all day? It seems to be rocket science to take a phone message. How many times should a person be told which part is the fender and which part is the quarter panel? Repeating it for three solid days, one may expect that it has sunk in. Silly me! Who do I go to for advice. Abby is training like she has done it all her life. I am so proud of her. I just do not see it happening. I see apathy.

In the shop, I see apathy in that new person. s.........l..........o..........w........
They BEG and BEG to be given a chance and then proceed to blow it. I do not get it. Can someone tell me what to do??? I am going to talk to both of them before they leave today. Maybe if they are told that I have not seen anything impressive out of them this week and won't see them next week if I do not see something, they will wake up.

We have had happy customers all this week and happy employees. (pre existing, that is)

Today is creeping slowly....the clock has stopped moving I think. The heat is gloomy...but much better than the snow.

I am back, I just did an estimate. I do not do many of those anymore. I am good at it and should do more. I keep feeling like it is Friday, but it is only Thursday. There must be a time warp going on. Maybe that explains why I am 58 because that cannot possible be true. I know I am only 40. I sure could use a drink right about now. Wouldn't that be fun Mon Cheri, just sitting and laughing over a Cosmo. Did I mention, I am thinking about moving to France? A small cottage in the country with a bicycle to get around.

back to work, my love, me

No comments:

Post a Comment