Friday, May 7, 2010

go figure

Oh My,Mon Ami! Oy! What a day yesterday. We had an elderly gentleman and I mean Gentleman pick up his truck and wanted to shake everyone's hand in the building. He even thanked the detailer for cleaning out the inside of his truck.

Then, there was Mr. Crabbings. Mr. Crabbings did all his own body work on his 1987 Ford pick up and brought it to us to paint. He wanted NO ADDITIONAL work, just paint. We sanded,cleaned etc. His body work was not good, it was rough and he used cheap products. It looked way better than we expected, and he said he did not expect much. He picked it up and was fine, and an hour later he came back and threw a temper tantrum in our parking lot. I mean temper tantrum! He would not stop cussing and screaming and took sand paper to his car, his pocket knife and his thumb nail. I kept begging him not to ruin his car, please! Doug and I could not get a word in edgewise as he would not stop yelling.

Doug and I finally walked away. Told him to calm down and come back when he could talk. I called him this morning planning to offer to repaint his car if he wanted to redo his body work, or at the least buy him a can of premixed car paint to match his car so he could fix the places he ruined. He told me he was still too mad to talk and would call me when he wanted to talk. He said, "He had never been attacked like he was by us". What a complete and pathetic fool. When he decides to call back, I may not be in a good mood!

This is too much dear diary, I am struggling under the weight of the horrible behavior people believe to be their right. If someone paid 10grand and were unhappy They may get huffy, but no one gets what they want by yelling. Most people would do anything for a nice person who asked nice. But I will not get the reputation that if you yell, you get money back. I might as well shut my doors.

Even so, it is more personal than that. It does not feel good to be treated like that by someone. We tell everyone who does their own body work, expect the worse. Of course, everyone thinks their body work is the best and it is easy, it is not. It is complicated, chemical and it takes years of experience, the right products, mixed properly, at the proper temps and applied properly and finished properly. People: if you buy a spray can of primer at the auto store....kiss your paint job good bye! We buy expensive products and have very experienced guys. We guarantee our body work the life you own your car. When you do your own crappy body work, do not expect my paint to cover your crap. It does not work that way and do not expect me to guarantee my paint OVER your crap as that does not work either.

But, does any of that condone that kind of behavior? We are supposed to be a civilized society better than most. Bull. Not in this town.

Well, now that I had my say and was nasty about the nasty guy. It is time to let you, my dear readers off the hook. Another complaint walked in the door. love ya,

No comments:

Post a Comment