Friday, April 30, 2010

reflections

Dearest Madam and Gentle Readers:

It is a slow day...rent week is usually slow. FYI, the gentleman with the Rolls Royce LOVED it!

I am in an inner place today. I soon to be single so you, my beloved Madam, hear my heart, anyway this will be the first time and hopefully the last. For my goal is to bore no one. Speaking of one's inner thoughts is a sure buzz kill.

My first Body Shop realization,,,,,,Lynn, you are not in OZ anymore! The second is, in reality, people are horrible. Class is gone, dignity, respect, honesty, and character. Men, back in the day, considered themselves, with their age to have a roll model responsibility for younger men. They behaved with character in all aspects as an example to all young men. When did that stop? Read Mark Twain, Jack London, HG Wells or John Steinbeck. Talk to my Dad or any WWII vet, they will tell you of honor, respect and character.

I see daily, grown men, older men, walk in my shop and cuss at Greg, a young man and get this, Abby and Myself! When did everything change. I jump in between any angry person and Abby. I feel very protective of my family and employees. Greg, an ex-military, boxer, MP can take care of himself. But there have been a couple of times I keep my weapon close. People go immediately to being obscene to resolve a problem. I miss the polite society. I miss the mentality of a handshake meaning something. I miss the world when a man's word and honor was his most important asset. Who taught the world all those cuss words? Was it George Carlin???

Lets begin anew. Please, thank you, may I, excuse me......If we all treat each other like we want to be treated, are trustworthy and honest....Our society would be...well you decide. I know, I would not have anything funny to write about!

Love you, Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment