Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday Morning Recap

Good Morning Dearest Diary: It is good to sit with you again. It is raining and what a wonderful time to enjoy a rare treat, a cup of coffee and sharing my experiences with you. It is close to Christmas and slow in the body shop world. I am running 1/2 off all paint, put up my banner, with the permission of the City, (whom thinks of themselves as gods ruling their little world) We are slow with walk ins, but with such a sale, manage to sign them all up. We also have a base of trade business and I am thanking God as if we did not have them, we would not have any business at all.

I want to share an experience we have had on going for the last few weeks. A Lady names Lacy Gilligan, a self proclaimed princess and a person better than all else on earth, you know the type, has a very old volvo. She came in some time ago and dealt with Greg, daily to include asking him out. She is about 15 years older than Greg. She and Greg went over all her dings and dents and circled them with a crayon. She chose to stay with the Manufacture color, wise move. She came in while the car was in the body shop and approved all the repairs. She called Greg everyday to flirt and feel important. Her Volvo came out BEAUTIFUL. Hugh had our detailer wet sand and buff a few spots to make it flawless. FYI, anytime someone says they want it perfect, we tell them to go to God's Body Shop. This car was near perfect. As is the nature of black there are always a ding or two that is not visible until new paint is put on it. We tell people who want black so they are prepared. Remember, she saw the car in the body shop and circled the repairs herself. We actually found several more and fixed them for free.

Well, when she came in, Greg was out sick and I had to deal with her. She was in full Paris Hilton mode. She is the type who hates women and has never met a male she does not try to wrap around her finger. She proceed to talk down to me and act like everthing about the car was awful. I couldn't stand her and told her I would have Greg call her. She told me I did not have to bother "Little Greg". I told Oh, I believed I would be bothering little Greg.

Her chief complaint was, "The car looked painted"! It was painted.......I would guess it was painted when she bought it as well.... None of us could see what she was talking about. It was a beautiful base clear.

Getting to the point. She next latched onto Hugh as Greg would not bow down to her. She came in to go over her car with Hugh. We played Good Cop, Bad Cop. I made sure she hated me and would see Hugh as her savior.

By the way, when she left the second time, in a huff, she stated she was going to call her people.....I guess her people let her down as she came back in to try to get her way again.

She was walking the car with Hugh, flirting, yelling - the full monty. I stood closer and interjected to make her angry and hate me, so Hugh could be the good guy. I told her to watch her tone, that none of the stuff she wanted would come free, etc., She stated, "I have been dealing with you guys for three weeks!" I shot back with a little smug laughter, "We have been dealing with YOU for three weeks!"

At that point, I went into my office and got all my stuff and left as I had an appointment. Hugh said politely, Good bye Lynn and I said the same back. He played her savior at that point and we got her where we wanted her. She at that time asked to speak to Hugh alone. They went into my office. Hugh listened to her tell him how she woke up Sunday and prayed for her car and felt he was God's answer to her car prayers. Hugh listened and thought what a nut! He was professional at all time and did not engage, just listened........Who the hell prayes for their car???

We laughed and talked about the entire experience. She never knew he was my son and that we played her to get her where we wanted her. Gone! What a piece of work that gal is. I still wonder who her "people" were.

My Beloved, the next few weeks will be a real challenge. The Holidays always are. We will get through them and after the first of the year will be very busy. The stress shows in all of us as paychecks are not full, I cannot break even, but we are blessed by our Lord with a great crew and the love we have for each other. We will get through.

At night or early am, when I am alone in the shop, I walk the shop and feel a wonderful feeling knowing I own this. It is pride, I believe. Pride that we do things right, we are honest and survived a first year. We had a man bring his pride and joy to us to be painted and he drove all the way from Indiana to come to us. I believe we are turning around the bad rap from the previous owner. That is a wonderful feeling!

God Bless all of you and lets never stop praying for our soldiers and each other.

Lynn Moore, Body Shop Gal

No comments:

Post a Comment