Thursday, December 31, 2009

have a happy new years eve!

Dear Miss Diary,

We have a short day today. Then we do not come back to work until 2010! With 2010, BRING ON THE CARS! We are ready to be busy again. Last January, the flood gates opened Jan. 1. Hope for the same kind of January. We keep getting a better kind of customer and that is good. A police man told me yesterday that they were investigating the previous owner for painting cars for drugs. That explained a lot. We also get repeat customers. Not so good for the poor person who just got their car fixed and got hit again, but we are glad they come back here. The worst one was a nice young man who picked up his car late afternoon and was hit by someone that night. He was a mess. He told me he grabbed the guy by his lapels put his face to his bumper cover. He said, "Smell that!!! that is brand new paint, still wet!!!" None the less, he calmed down and we got him back to pristine shape.

I am thinking of any new years resolutions to make....."get more cars and get on the black side of the line. (stay out of the red) I am sure I can come up with some personal, but you do not need to hear those.

We had a customer drop his car yesterday and needed a ride home. I volunteered. I picked him up at the door and proceed to follow his directions. His first question was, "How long have you worked for MAACO?" I said about 15 months. He said, "Do they treat you well?" At that time I had to fess up....I own the place. Then the conversation began in earnest. He had an interesting story. He said two years ago, he gave a $20.00 tip to a bartender and told her to play the lottery with it. She won 1.6 million. So, every 12/30 since then he has given an young gal some money and told her to play the lottery. He decided the girl this year will be ABBY. He gave me $50.00 to give to Abby and tell her the story and play the lottery.

We all enjoyed the story and Abby took her assignment very seriously. She won $2.00 of which she will split with the gentleman when he comes to pick up his car. Yes, Miss diary, John Q. Public is a very interesting fellow and we enjoy all our encounters and turn them into stories to remember.

I wish you a safe and fun New Year's eve. I have told all my friends to call if they need bail now that I know how to do it. (I bailed one of my employees out recently)

I most of all wish everyone a safe, healthy and prosperous 2010. I pray that this recession lifts by God's Hands and all who seek work find it. In the meantime, lets hold each other up in prayer, for financial security. Lord, let us just be normal again. Hugs and kisses to you Miss Diary! See you next year. Lynn Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment