Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I'M FOR TRUTH, NO MATTER WHO TELLS IT,

I'M FOR JUSTICE, NO MATTER WHO IT IS FOR.

MALCOM X


Good evening gentle readers, should I say, those masochists who, like I, enjoy the regular beatings we take from the public to be in any retail businesss...good evening, folks.

I am sitting at my desk, after hours, at work, paying bills and enjoying a Long Island Ice Tea.  (That is the great part of owning your own business) I decided, the hell with the bills, I need to write.  

We have been through the ringer in the last three weeks and the summer is just beginning.  I have got to tell you, I love the gangsters, the young ones and the OGs.  They provide so much entertainment and they sure have charisma and charm!  I almost told one that the "prison walk", holding up one's pants while said pants are around one's knees", is going out of fashion.  Come on gents, try the GQ look!  You will get many more women, actually have the respect of the neighborhood and inspire a new generation.  What you do not know, is you do not intimidate anyone, anymore.  I still make you pay for your metallic pink auto paint.

Speaking of, why does everyone call it a "PAINT JOB"  like a boob job?????  It is a paint service on your vehicle.  A "nose job, or a lube job, a blo... job."  But I hate to be asked how much is a "paint job".  It sounds so low class.  Public, it is a paint service!  When you call the contractor, do you ask how much to paint your kitchen..or how much for a kitchen job?

Oh well, so much for jobs.

I was recently contacted by a producer for reality programs to do one in my shop based upon this blog which he had read.  When I answered the phone and he said he was with Brownstone Pictures and wanted to talk to me about doing a show on my shop, I said, Yea, and I am the Queen Mary and hung up.  The phone rang again and he was laughing hard and asking me to not hang up.  I know, you won't believe me, but it is the truth.  I still do not believe it.  I talked to him on the phone and exchanged many emails.  I tried to take videos and took many of the floor.  Phone videos were new then.  During the course of this, I broke up a fight in the shop, had two customers I had to call the police on and had two employee temper tantrums but I dared not pull my phone and take a video!  If he could have seen the drama, it would have sold many a reality show.  I guess you just have to be here. 

In the course of this, I tried to envision what this young man looked like.  I visualized a fat nerd.  Sorry T.  So, being the curious type, I looked him up on Facebook.  He is a very handsome young man and if I were a few years younger.........but, we agreed to stay in contact in case the future reality show biz were to require a lady body shop owner.   Really, this did happen.  So, Dave Durango, your comment about a reality show....was right on!  I told you to be careful what you wished for.

We have just painted a DONK for a man who is completely unreasonable and we are at a loss of how to get rid of him.  We have people walk the lot and say, they want a "paint service" like that and he just thinks it is not good enough.  Let me say, he did his own body work and the spots he is unhappy are his body work under the paint and he says he gets it, but does not want to pay and take his car, he just leaves it and says he will think about it.   WHAT A MORON!  I am amazed at the patience of my GM  Peter, to listen to him go on and on and not loose his demeanor.  (ie., Go Off)  His DONK is still here and he now wants us to fix his bad bodywork, and he is willing to pay for it.  Go Peter!!!!!

“What the heck is a donk?” Let us explain.

Specifically, “donk” is the nickname for a customized 1971-76 Chevrolet Caprice or Impala. Many folks erroneously use it to describe any custom car with big wheels. To be clear, flashy wheels aren’t required, but if you want a showstopper, they certainly help.


Well, my Long Island Ice Tea is gone and I am going to drive home to go to bed to get up again and do this tomorrow. God Bless everyone and please pull up your pants, mother is watching.

Good night T. from LA.  You are NOT fat and NOT a nerd.

Love you, Shangri La









1 comment:

  1. That would be sooo awesome! I for sure would tune in every week :)

    ReplyDelete