Saturday, March 19, 2011

Lets get back to work

Mon Cheri and Gentle beloved, it is time to share the wealth of insanity and fun that goes on all day. I took a break as I have time from time and I have a list of interesting new people to share. Ah, but where to begin?? I can begin with yesterday and work backward. My experiences of the last couple of months have taken me a step further into the "tough" zone. Yesterday, a young man whose car we fixed last summer, the one full of bullet holes, came in. I had started procedures to take the car as abandoned and he only owed two hundred dollars. None of the phone numbers or addresses worked the the kid. He walked in and had the NERVE to say to my employee, I only have a few dollars, but I am sure you want to get rid of it bad enough to tell me to take it. I ran out of my office and told him under no certain terms the full amount is paid for today, before he leaves and the car is gone tomorrow or it is mine! Suddenly, guess what, he did have the full amount in cash. The car was towed yesterday. My employee said I actually scared her. I was not loud or threatening, but my voice meant business. My employee was ready to get her money out! So, my soft side a couple of years ago would have bought that this is the only money I have, but not anymore. And guess what......

I thank God I am not in the auto insurance business. Wow, the crap people pull. They come in to get an estimate, say no, I do not have insurance, than get the full insurance estimate, get a two party check and want me to sign it and keep the money. Gentle readers, that is insurance fraud. we had a gal two weeks ago, who called Abby and said she picked up her insurance rental two week ago and wanted to bring her car in for repair now. She was complaining that the ins. com. called her and told her to return the rental. She wanted us to pay for her rental. Her car was driveable and it was a 4 day rental while the car was repaired. Abby, said no, and then Hell NO when she argued.

I have dealt with the police three times since I last wrote. each a crazy experience, to be discussed tomorrow.

I took a day and a half off for my birthday. It was the usual, tears of pain of no one caring and depression. I went back to work, got busy and it is over for another year.

Bon Jour Mon Cheri.

No comments:

Post a Comment