Wednesday, December 12, 2012

FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!!

Gentle readers,

The end of a crazy week.  Started with  my new body man setting a car on fire while welding...  The new body guy asked the old body guy if I would be mad!  OMG!  Hells Yea!   He was told no, but that if he did not tell me I sure would. Oh Yea, you have been doing this 30 years!  Hello...Basic welding 101 means No fires!!!!  Never weld after noon in a body shop.  If anything is smoldering, you will know by 5:00.  When my guys weld, they always have water ready.

We painted a big old boat of a classic car bright pink.  Oh yea, Pink.  I ran out into the parking lot before they left to be sure they knew they had picked pink,  PINK.  They said yea, they wanted pink, then I could feel the contact high from the skunk weed inside the car.  FYI, they loved the pink when they picked it up and it took an hour for the skunk weed to dissipate from the front office.  Of course they loved the metallic pink.  The car was worth $50. and they could dump it when things got hot.  That is the makings of a good drug car.

BBB finally got fed up with the Yellow Mustang guy!  That argument has been going on since July.  He is the guy who told me he would make me a laughing stock.  He got nothing, nowhere.  We are the ones laughing at him.  Some people are beyond the realm of normal.

Had to run to the emergency clinic last night....Gilbert, my body man tried to cut off the top of his thumb.  I hate it when they run up front bleeding!  But, he was ok, bot now he is all thumbs.  (sorry, had to do it)

A dear friend of mine, a professor of Sociology at the local large University left his car this morning.  My employees found a Zales bag in his car with a diamond bracelet in it for his wife for Christmas.  The receipt said a grand!  I called him and thanked him for the bracelet and he told me now I know why they call them "Absent Minded Professors"!

I was humbled by my crew and their honesty.  Of course, at the meeting when I thanked them, one guy said he had to wrestle Gilbert to the ground to get the bracelet away from him to turn it in.  All guffawed.

Again, today, a man left a car and on the front seat was several hundred in cash and several checks.  We had to call him to come back and get it.

What is it with the Season of Giving????  Is the stress of covering all the Santa bases too much and everyone becomes brain dead?  What if we were not so Honest and Christian?????

I will tell you what, I would have a very nice diamond bracelet on my arm right now!! 

Love all and God Bless,  do good to all God's Children,  Shangri La  


No comments:

Post a Comment